Responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the campus facilities. Will participate in and supervise basic general maintenance duties including basic maintenance, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and HVAC tasks. Responsible for moving and hauling furniture, equipment, materials and trash. This is an Essential Personnel position which can require that the incumbent must report for duty and work through emergencies, and also can be designated by the supervisor as essential for the accomplishment of work, or for the completion of a critical task.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic working knowledge of and ability to perform basic plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs
- Ability to use hand and electrical tools
- Ability to receive and give oral, written and diagrammed instructions
- Ability to follow safety rules and regulations
- Ability to work in a physically demanding job that includes heavy lifting of up to 60 pounds and standing
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and possibly holidays
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of general maintenance experience
Salary Ranges Minimum salary(USD $): 27200 Maximum salary(USD $): 43400
Pay decisions are based on education, experience, skills and budget. The lower third of the range typically applies to less experienced candidates; the middle third for more experienced; and the upper range for those with exceptional qualifications and sustained performance.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA