JOB TITLE: General Maintenance Worker Technical Level III
REPORTS TO: Facilities/Maintenance Supervisor
The General Maintenance Worker Level III is responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of all company properties owned and leased as assigned by the Facilities/Maintenance Supervisor or Property/Facility Managers, in a cost effective and safe manner while fostering a cooperative and respectful working environment.
Maintain and Repair Property/Facilities: Including but not limited to general facility repairs and property maintenance, replacement or repair of windows and doors, minor plumbing repairs, minor electrical repairs, dry wall repairs, cabinet repair, lock repair or replacement, smoke detector battery replacement or installation of new detectors, installation/removal of window guards, installation/removal of window blinds , caulking and sealant applications and all to be followed through to completion including post-inspection confirmation and reporting.
Maintenance Grounds: Grounds maintenance duties including but not limited to, mowing, planting lawns, trimming shrubs and trees to be followed through to completion including post-inspection confirmation and reporting.
Daily Cleaning and Complete Cleanouts of Property/Facilities: Including but not limited to general cleanings, clean outs, window cleaning, general rubbish and waste removal and all to be followed through to completion including post-inspection confirmation and reporting.
Furniture Repair, Replacement and Removal: Repair, replacement and disposal of damaged furniture which will necessitate lift/carry and load furniture to be followed through to completion including post-inspection confirmation and reporting.
Maintain an Inventory of Tools/Equipment, Supplies and Furniture: Provide and maintain an adequate supply of Tools. Maintain equipment, cleaning/maintenance supplies and furniture in a professional manner to general industry standards.
The ability to perform complex building/grounds maintenance and repair duties utilizing power and hand tools commonly used in the industry including but not limited to power tools such as, circular saw, sabre saws, drills, and hand tools such as measuring tape, hammer, sockets/ratchets sets, pliers and screw drivers lawn mowers, blowers, chains saws and snow blowers.
· Attend staff and management meetings
· Utilize Work Order Software to schedule, communicate, and plan workload including for routine and event-specific tasks
· Respond to off hour’s critical calls to resolve facility issues
· Coordinate with other departmental supervisors and contractors
· Assume Maintenance responsibilities during the absence of3 Maintenance Supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor or other management
· Proficient in English
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Acrobat Adobe
· Proficient with a Property Management Software such as AppFolio
· Minimum of 5 Years’ experience as a Maintenance Technician
· OSHA 10
· Live within 20 miles of the city of Boston
· Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License(with a clean driving record)
· Able to
o Pass a background check
o Remain on your feet as required
o Climb Stairs
o Climb ladders up to 15ft
o To lift 50lbs