Growing California based commercial construction company is seeking an experienced General Maintenance Service Technician to perform commercial repair and maintenance work in the Southern California area. The ideal candidate will be able to ensure timely and proper completion of a high volume of repair and maintenance service work orders ranging from small handyman type repairs to medium commercial renovation projects.
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and have a variety of construction skillsets including but not limited to basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall, and painting.
• Servicing work orders at various client locations within Southern California
• Performing a variety of construction and facility maintenance scopes of work including but not limited to basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall and painting
• Responding to emergency service requests
• Preparing bids, field sketches and bill of materials to complete larger scopes of work requiring return trips
• Plan, layout and complete scopes of work according to job specifications and code requirements
• Communication with company’s management team and its customers
• Properly photographing existing job site conditions and work completion
• Documenting daily work activity and responding to management team inquiries
• Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work some nights and weekends as needed
• May also be required to travel and stay near job sites overnight occasionally
• Excellent attendance, dependability and reliability are essential
• Required to have strong troubleshooting skillsets
• Expected to be able to work independently and with others depending on scope of work
• Must be able to complete scope of work according to industry quality standards and within prescribed time frames
• Ability to communicate effectively with company’s clients, its management team and other field employees
• Must be able to perform general physical activities common to construction (i.e. climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials)
• Must be able to operate service truck and other equipment safely
• Must have intermediate computer skills
Paid Time Off benefits – PTO
Retirement Plan – Company Funded
Medical & Dental: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EACH EMPLOYEE, 50% PAID BY EXCEL FOR FAMILY.
Vision: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EMPLOYEE AND FAMILY.
Aflac: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EMPLOYEE – Includes Accident Advantage, Cancer Care, Short Term Disability, Life, and Telemedicine. Employee has option to buy-up for their family.
Check out our website at www.excelconstruction.biz!
A growing commercial construction company based in Fullerton, California, continues to expand throughout the Southern California area.