The Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM) offers an exciting opportunity to join a unique provider of goods and services to Navy Sailors and their families around the world. We are a $2+B organization, operating over 300 Navy Exchange retail locations and 39 Navy Lodge hotels around the US and in nine foreign countries on nearly 100 Navy Bases around the world. Our NEX operation and management of retail stores, food services, hotels, auto shops and other services employs more than 14,000 civilian associates in a wide variety of jobs.
Human Resources Systems Specialist (HRIS) announcement # 2000004t - RFT, starting base $55k - $71k based on level exp., relocation authorized.
Duties and Responsibilities: Serve as a point-of-contact for functional areas and assists subject matter experts (SMEs) with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analysis of data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Support system upgrades, system patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned. Partners with Code I and HR teams to ensure training, processes and system procedures are in place to fulfill NEXCOM Human Resources and operational strategies in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HR systems upgrades or patches independently or with technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade/fix, e.g., PeopleSoft, Taleo, Benefits, and Learning Management.
- Responsible for configuration, support, maintenance and enhancements of cloud-based systems.
- Maintain data integrity in HR systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Train customers and system end-users on processes/functionality, and train new system users.
- Assists in the design and content management of HR websites, including but not limited to the HR pages on the intranet (HUB), recruitment sites and social media.
- Develops a team dynamic, working with team members within Code H and other Codes, creating a culture which celebrates team accomplishments while acknowledging individual talents and contributions. Internal communications helps support a culture of service, learning, teaching, teamwork, fiscal responsibility, personal accountability and fun.
- Designs, manages and evaluates work flows, processes and systems that deliver efficient and effective human resources and administrative support, e.g., Recruitment, On Boarding, Training, and Benefits Enrollment.
- Research business requests, including gathering functional requirements, design documentation, user acceptance testing and documentation.
- Provide Enterprise-wide HR system administration and support to all internal users where applicable (cloud systems. i.e. Taleo).
Requires a total of 6 years of experience consisting of the following:
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Three years of responsible experience performing HR or IT work that enabled the applicant to gain general understanding of Human Resource Systems, functions, disciplines, relationships and administrative software for accomplishing work; the ability to analyze problems, apply sound judgment in assessing practical implications of alternative solutions and resolving the problems presented; and the ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
OR SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: One year of academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience, up to a maximum of a 4 year bachelors degree for 3 years of general experience.
AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Three years of progressively responsible experience with a commercial on-premise, or Software as a Service, Human Resources System (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP, ADP, Taleo); Work performed must have included at least one year hands on HRIS specific support such as: troubleshooting and resolving system issues directly or in partnership with IT; functional support of system patches and/or upgrades; training of system users; requirements gathering and creation of functional design documentation; creating test scripts; coordinating user acceptance testing and documentation.
*Advanced level of skill in MS Excel, and demonstrated experience in project management is preferred.
Location/Region: Virginia Beach, VA (23452)