About Day & Zimmermann
Day & Zimmermann is a 120 year-old, family-owned company whose 41,000 employees specialize in construction & engineering, staffing and defense solutions for leading corporations and governments around the world. Operating from more than 150 worldwide locations with 2.2 Billion USD in revenue, Day & Zimmermann is currently ranked as one of the largest private companies in the U.S. by Forbes. Founded in 1901 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, our first work was to develop "Betterment Reports" that helped modernize American factories. Today, we are still in the business of betterment -- maintaining the nation's power infrastructure, protecting American freedoms and driving technological advancements around the world. We do what we say.®
POSITION Electrical Engineer needed for a full-time, staff opportunity with Day & Zimmermann located in Greenville, SC/remote. Under general supervision, performs engineering design activities including the development of engineering deliverables and specifications on assigned contracts, prepares quotation request and purchase orders for equipment and materials and undertakes field assignments and factory inspections to ensure compliance to specifications. Applies engineering industry accepted engineering techniques/procedures and criteria.
The Work You’ll Be Doing:
- Checks calculations, sketches and layouts for other engineers (or designers).
- Reviews vendor/ supplier drawings/ documentation
- Performs assigned tasks, to assist discipline lead
- Prepare specifications, calculations, sketches, and diagrams
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Electrical preferred
- 4 years of experience
- PE Preferred, FE/EIT preferred
- Great attitude and team player
- Successful completion of background screening process
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Good understanding of engineering principles, terminology and industry practices
- Self starter - Able to work with minimal supervision
- Passed FE exam and working on obtaining PE
- Effective communication skills
- Detail oriented
Must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery.
- Repetitive motion of any part of the body.
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time.
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
What’s In It For You?
Candidates that are hired will receive a competitive base salary, 401k, a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, parental leave and paid time off.
What Are You Waiting For? Apply Now! Recruiter: Bree Thomas
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email
, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location